Joined Sep 30 2010
I purchased my 1974 Detomaso Pantera new in December 15, 1974 at Cherner/Lincoln Mercury in Vienna, Virginia. Since then the car has gone through several "refreshes", the latest started in 1997 and mostly finished in 2004. I have designed and made significant modifications to the car over the years, while maintaining the original classic exterior body design.
Many of the modifications are a one of a kind on this car, such as the fully programmable shock system, with five driver "instantly" activatable shock profiles. This Pantera is the only one in the world with the proprietary control system made by MagneShock, which uses electronically controlled magnetorheological fluid as its damping agent.
Special and Unique Modifications:
· 800+ hp Engine with Twin TurboCharged Radial Ram Slingshot Induction
· Electronic Fuel Injection and Ignition System by Electromotive
· Low Restriction Custom Exhaust System
· Innovative Methanol/Nitrous Inter-cooling System
· State of the Art Magnetorheological Shocks by MagneShocks
· Defi Computerized Guage System
· BMW M3 ZF 5-speed Transaxle Differential Upgrade
· Rear Axle "Sleeved" Tapered Roller Bearing Conversion by Dick Koch
· 4-wheel Hurst/Airheart Racing Disk Brakes
· McLeod Dual Disk High Performance Clutch
· 17" Campagnolo Aluminum Wheels with Kumho "R" Compound Racing Tires
· Custom "Panoz Roadster Red" Paint by Panoz Automotive Development